Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Redwork block

I can't believe it's August already! This summer has been as busy for me as it's been HOT!

This is certainly not one of the more detailed blocks in the quilt - but I'm fond of it just the same.
As a child - I lived near the ocean and LOVED playing in the sand and surf. Some of my favorite memories are of days at the beach collecting sea shells with my family.

I have the perfect border design in mind for this block already so hopefully I will have an early finish posted here this month.

every quilt tells a story...

6 comments:

  1. You are moving right along! Look forward to seeing how your frame it.

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet playing on the beach ! Can't wait to see what sashing you choose for this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this makes me want to get a shovel and head to the beach! Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be such a beautiful quilt when all your blocks are put together. Your Sunbonnet Girl looks like she is having fun in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know where the summer/year has gone either. It seems to be flying!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Are you doing reverse applique or regular?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...