Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My July Redwork Finish

Well here is Miss July - complete with her pieced block borders. I've named the sash & block design that surrounds my redwork block "Rockets Red Glare".

Speaking of RED..... I'm really excited about a new Red & White applique' project that I will start working on in August. The quilt pattern by Susan Garman is called Sarah's Revival.

Here are the fabrics I picked up at my local quilt shop this past weekend. At first, I considered using assorted red Civil War fabrics. But once I saw how intricate the blocks were, I decided batiks would work best for me.

No time frames or pressure deadlines with this project. I may only complete one or 2 blocks a month while watching some evening television. Whatever my progress, I'll be pleased & content to be stitching for the JOY of the process.

12 comments:

  1. Your July Calendar girl is so cute carrying here flag ! What a perfect name for this sashing & choice of fabric !

    WOW! Sarah's revival is going to be just GORGEOUS! Looking forward to watching your progress on this quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your redwork. I love Sue Garman's patterns. Can't wait to see this one come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flag waving little girl is darling. Wow, that Sue Garman pattern is intricate. I love her designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! You're doing Sarah's Revival! I keep mulling that one over. Love the fabrics you got for it. And your July redwork looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you using batiks, wow those blocks are intricate, you are going to be kept quite busy stitching them, such a lovely quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful red block!! Love seeing your progress!! Your red batiks are lovely!! It will be a stunning project!! Can hardly wait until you start it and post your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet stitchery!!! I love your fabric choices for your applique quilt, this will be a real stunner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual, you do beautiful work. Can't wait to see your new quilt get started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue Garman's quilts are so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your version. Your stitchery blocks are always so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. miss sue is cute.
    whoa! that is one awesome quilt pattern. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss July is too cute! Sarah's Revival will be gorgeous! I love Sue Garman patterns.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could I put the finished picture on Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete