Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Diamond Janes - see how they sparkle!

Our local DJ quilt club has been working on a "Diamonds" theme this past month. These are a few of my tiny little Modern Jane blocks. Some of these blocks were pretty tricky. One in particular C7 looked pretty harmless - but was challenging to assemble due to all the tiny pieces and 60 degree angles.

Here is my civil war version of this block:

And this was my favorite block this month:

We begin a new month of blocks next Monday. I think that most students will be happy to hear that we are done with the diamonds and will be back to paper-piecing again. (grin)

every quilt tells a story...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Doreen!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they really do sparkle. very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These blocks are AMAZING ! JUST LOOK AT THEM SPARKLE !
    hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to get back to my DJ so bad. Your blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do sparkle and do look quite challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOOO...I'm with you on your favorite...it looks very Irish...I love the browns mixed in with the greens in that batik!!! It is perfect...my St Pattys Day daughter just got engaged and I think I've found a perfect block for her wedding quilt, Thanks to You!

    ReplyDelete