Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blocks for Month 2 of Vintage Rouge

I really enjoyed making the blocks for Month #2.

They are pieced and applique'd blocks that finish at 10". There are 4 of these blocks to make for this month's portion of our Vintage Rouge BOM sew-along.

I chose to assemble mine using a method called Heirloom Machine Applique'. (a.k.a. invisible machine applique') The blocks finished really soft and have the look and feel of Hand Applique'.

Here is a close up portion of block to show you the stitches.

(shown slightly larger than actual size)

Here is the back of the block:

And another picture I took just before trimming the block down.

every quilt tells a story....

13 comments:

  1. Love those reds and creams! Nice combination of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding Doreen! WOW!!!!!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is really special!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I LOVE the colors/fabrics , just sooo pretty!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it and your color choices are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the design. Done sort of Dresden plate style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful block and very tempting as well. The machine applique looks good, I'm thinking of using machine applique for a large applique quilt I want to make, will make it so much quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really cool-looking block. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful block! I have never been any good at machine applique. Your work looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this block Doreen. Looking forward to making them next

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Doreen for creating this blog and for the instructions for Vintage Rouge. I am very tempted to sign up for the bom now as I feel you are helping me on the way - so many times I have struggled through boms without any help. I am in the UK and really look forward to more of your advice.
    I am also working through Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, which is Jane but bigger!

    ReplyDelete