Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

May Redwork block


Here is my May Calendar Girl. 
I make 2 of these blocks each month - the first one I mail off to my friend Sue and the 2nd one I keep for myself.

I have an extremely hectic schedule this year traveling, teaching and creating 17 block tutorials each month. Working on these stitcheries at night help me to unwind. I find the work very relaxing and enjoyable. Hand quilting small projects gives me that same sense of "Calm".
I'm very grateful for Hand-Work!
What a wonderfully therapeutic and rewarding art form.

Wishing you all a very Happy and Productive May!


every quilt tells a story....

7 comments:

  1. Very sweet with her hands full of posies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew cute holding her May flowers :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet she is!! I've had lots of "waiting room" time to stitch lately and enjoy passing the time with embroidery, too. Your work is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am glad to see that you are getting some things done. Bravo to you for making one for uourself and one to give away. She is a very lucky friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you got her done quickly. Stitching is relaxing to me too.
    sounds like you are going to be with those tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet little blocks for May - sounds like you have a busy schedule, good though that you still find time to relax with your needle and thread in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the block is just adorable! I truly love it!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete