Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

More Modern Jane blocks



Here is a grouping of some of the Jane blocks I made for class using Modern fabrics. (contemporary prints with a few batiks mixed in)
I'm still working on my Civil War Jane and will continue sharing the Jane blocks for that quilt here on my blog too.
The Club that I'm teaching began last month - we will be making 13 blocks a month for 13 months PLUS the triangle blocks at a rate of 1 pieced triangle unit per week.

I'm going to start a separate blog for this Modern Jane quilt next week.
For those that wish to follow along - it will be a 13 month journey thru the completion of this Modern Jane quilt. I'll be sharing personal strategies, tips & tricks that I've used and/or discovered in simplifying the order and assembly process of many of the blocks I've made.

Here are my first 2 triangle blocks for this quilt as well:


every quilt tells a story...

11 comments:

  1. They are beautiful blocks Doreen, the more modern fabrics really change the look. I'm thinking I should try and follow along, it might help me get my Rainbow DJ moving along a bit faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Doreen..... These modern DJ blocks are gorgeous ! What a totally different look using these fabrics ! I am sure that there are alot of ladies who would like to learn your tips and tricks on making these blocks . How nice of you to do this on your blog for others to learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. A fresh look to a special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very striking. It is going to make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I may just need to follow along. Do you foundation piece the triangle blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you dear Doreen for sharing with us! You are so busy, 13 blocks a month is huge!! I look forward to your new blog and it will be a pleasure to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love! Those triangle blocks. You have been very productive, as well!
    I always look forward to seeing what you are doing. I'm looking forward to your Modern Jane and hope I can fit it in with all my other commitments :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your DJ blocks looks so good in modern colours, quite spectacular really!! I think Jane would definitely approve!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cool. love those triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! I am in *love* with your Jane fabrics. :D

    ReplyDelete