Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February Redwork



I was hopeful to post this block on the 1st day of the month.
Unfortunately I've been away the past 3 weeks because my son became critcally ill. He was hospitalized last week and needed emergency surgery. He will be undergoing a 2nd "out-patient" operation early tomorrow morning. The silver lining of all this is that he is expected to make a FULL recovery. My family is so thankful for this answered prayer!

Yesterday was Month #2 of the Dear Jane club that I'm teaching at the shop. I'll gather my pictures and post some blocks here on my blog tomorrow afternoon.

every quilt tells a story....

11 comments:

  1. Hoping your son a fast recovery...love seeing your posts friend...Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your son a speedy recovery! Your February Redwork is just the cutest !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Doreen...I am so sorry to hear of your son's illness. Love and prayers to you and your family.
    Love your little red work block...so sweet.

    Wishing you the best in the coming weeks...
    Hugs, Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, Doreen. I am so glad your son will be ok. All our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had wondered about your absence, So glad your son is recovering.

      Delete
  5. I'm thankful your son is recovering, having some handwork to do while in hospital waiting rooms gives you something else to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear your son is on the mend, Doreen! Your February gal is adorable - love the variegated Redwork, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Doreen, I am so glad your son is going to be okay. Saying "special" prayers for him and your family.

    Love your little calendar girls.

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Doreen, we're enjoying your redwork blocks. Our thoughts are with you and your son - that sounds like a very scary experience. Best wishes for his speedy recovery! ~Marina & Daryl Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doreen, I am so sorry to hear you have been going through some trying times, but glad to hear that all will be well. Believe me, I understand more than you realize. I am going through three major family issues right now as we speak. Thanks goodness for all the friends we have in bloglad and elsewhere. They can help you get through. Take care and love your redwork.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Doreen! I'm so sorry to hear about your son....but glad to hear he will fully recover! What a frightening experience it must have been for you all. Take care!

    ReplyDelete