Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Raining JANES!


I've sewn more than 36 little Jane blocks over the past couple of months. Many of these are shop samples for a Dear Jane club that begins on the 16th of January. I've got some pressed against a design board (above) and some more sample blocks shown here below:

After many months of quilters pleading asking for me to organize a Dear Jane Club - I finally gave in happily agreed. (grin)
I've worked diligently on creating a workshop program for the group and now I'm really excited for us to begin!
The owner of our local quilt shop is going to host our club for the next 13 months and will offer monthly fabric "bitty bundles" to our members in their choice of 4 fabric genre's: Civil War, 1930's, Batiks or Modern prints.

There will be an additional Jane chart added to my blog soon. I will be working to finish up my Civil War Jane this year and also begin a Modern Jane quilt for my DIL using mostly Kaffe Fasset fabrics. I'll begin posting my monthly Jane blocks here on my blog at the end of each month.

every Quilt tells a story....

10 comments:

  1. Anut Reen, Your quilts are FAB-U-LOUS!
    I only wish I could do such beautiful work.

    I am starting a quilt, a small one and I am also starting a small hook rug!
    I am still sick and can't do much so my loving husband ordered me these two kits!

    Happy Quilting,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Work as always Doreen!!!

    Happy Sewing
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fast becoming Aunt Jane! lol Your workshops are wonderful Doreen. I hope you enjoy setting them up as much as I do mine. Your workshop look like allot of fun! Best part is I get as much out of them as the folks that participate and meeting new quilters. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Doreen ! Your DJ blocks are ALL AMAZING! You have been a BUSY girl ! What a wonderful apportunity for the women in your class to make their own DJ Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doreen...
    I am so happy to see you posting again! I really missed you!! I hope you are feeling better now...
    I love your Jane squares. So colorful.

    Talk to you soon.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot on your plate getting ready for the DJ club. Are there a lot of people signed up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun club! Anxious to see your thoroughly modern Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shop sample blocks are a great way for people to get an idea of what DJ looks like in different fabrics, having a club will be a great help for your quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to see all those little babies!!! You are so productive. It must be very exciting to teach a DJ class. I missed it to have someone doing the same with me.

    ReplyDelete