Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

First Blocks of the JT2 Sew-along


Here are my first 6 blocks of the JT2 Sew-along sponsored by Brenda Papadakis & Gay Boomer. I was going to wait until the redwork was completed for these but time is marching on and the 2nd set of blocks for January have already been posted.

I'm looking forward to participating in this FREE Mystery Quilt sew-along. It's exciting to see the beautiful blocks that so many of my fellow blog friends are posting.
I love all the creative fabric "interpretations" - so much FUN!


I chose to make my quilt just slightly off the traditional solid red/white version. I'm using Jo Morton prints from her Jo's Variety collection, a few medium & dark red solid fabrics and for the background I am going with a variety of "Cream & Tea" hued tonal print & solid fabrics.

If you'd like more information on how to join - just click the JT2 button on the right side of my blog. HURRY the patterns for January are only FREE until the 1st day of February - when the next set of free patterns become available.

every quilt tells a story...

13 comments:

  1. I am sooo amazed at your quilting...just lovely.
    hugs,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks for this project are looking lovely! I will be sitting this one out, I have too many other must dos to concentrate on at this time. I am enjoying seeing the blocks though, as they are being posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see all the different blocks, I'll have to have a look for the Jo Morton prints, I like the look of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the variety of reds - it'll give your quilt much more depth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how your backgrounds will be different as well as the red fabrics. Very nice. I just started on mine today, sitting on the fence about the Redwork for the same reason. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blocks, a nice idea to vary the background as well. It will have an instantly aged appearance i think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are looking great. I am printing off the patterns, but at this point cannot justify starting another BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doreen your first blocks are looking great. I have printed out the patterns and hopefully I can start one day soon. I like the idea of using different background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are going to make a beautiful R&W quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your blocks! Lovely red fabrics and the background fabrics are just perfect !

    ReplyDelete