Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Civil War Journals BOM



It's been months since I've blogged and feel just terrible about that!
My absence was not because of slacking...no FAR from it.
By mid-September I was feeling well enough from surgery to begin sewing again - and I haven't stopped for a moment's rest. lol

I'm working part time again, designing a few quilt patterns and I am teaching 2 Block of the Month programs at my local quilt shop that both begin this month. I finished 4 quilts as samples for one of the Block of the Month programs and LOTS of sample blocks for the other BOM Club.
All of this and my little grandson have kept me extremely busy.

I'll share with you (one project at a time) a bit of what I've been up to:
The Civil War Journals BOM is the 3rd in the Marcus Fabrics Civil War series. These are the 4 Civil War Journals sample quilts that I made for my LQS Club. I cut & pasted them all together which is why they are not all to scale in the photo below. Quilt #1 measures 44" x 53", #2 measures 44" x 53", #3 (bottom right) measures 51" x 60" and #4 measures 44" x 44".


What I really enjoy about this BOM is that you can choose to make 1 Queen size quilt or 4 smaller quilts from the blocks you create. The program shares stories/events of the Civil War using historic content from children's journals.
My sister is making the larger Queen size quilt sample (I'll have pictures of that one to share soon)

I hope all of my friends here in Blog Land had an AWESOME Holiday Season!
Looking forward to catching up on all the creative accomplishments shared here. I am always amazed and inspired by the beautiful work, hearts & minds that gather here.

Happy & Healthy New Year to All!

every quilt tells a story...

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back Doreen! We have missed you in Blog land !

    Your Civil War Journals quilts are amazing !!

    Looking forward to hearing about your classes and seeing your quilt patterns you are designing !

    HAPPY NEW YEAR DOREEN !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Old Friend, I have missed hearing from you so much....welcome back!! Looking forward to your quilt posts. Love the patterns! I gave up doll making and am back making Quilts till I can no longer sew....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My!!! Aunt Reen! Welcome back to blogland. Sew glad to know you have spent this whole time quilting! Yea!
    The Civil War Journals are gorgeous!!! Wish your LQS was my LQS! I would join you in a heartbeat. A Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you Doreen.

    I see you picked up the Just Takes 2 button. Looks like a great project for 2012. Looking forward to a new year of quilting and inspiration! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Doreen....I have missed you too!!!!!Welcome back, I look forward to visiting you in our new year of 2012.

    Love what you have been working on.

    Many blessings to you and your family.

    Big hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, but I certainly can see why you haven't been blogging. You have been one busy lady. The quilts are fabulous. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Doreen, Happy to read some news about you again!! You have been very busy... so I look forward to see your other projects and I wish you a good start in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The CW BOM quilts are yummy. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to see you bac to the blogland! Your BOMs look lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to a New Year! Your quilts are beautiful, what a lot of work! Wish you were at my LQS too LOL!!!! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear from you again. Sounds like you've been very busy. Your Civil War Journals quilts are very nice. Best wishes to you and your family for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to read your posts again and to hear you are well and sewing : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Doreen glad to see you're back, missed seeing you. Missed you Dear Jane Quilt's progress too. Glad you're feeling up to blogging again. Hope all is well, take care.

    ReplyDelete