Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Civil War visit and taking a Bloggers Break


July began the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.
The very first battle took place in Manassas,Va.
In Old Town Manassas there are commemorative flags hanging on every lamp post as far as the eye can see. It's a lovely place to walk around. There are lots of wonderful old buildings that house Shops and Restaurants with outside dining near the old historic train station.

Last week we took our 6 month old grandson for his first visit. He was fascinated by all the people and stayed up WAY past his bedtime.



I will be taking a bit of a break from blogging during August for health reasons. I'm going into the hospital for surgery in a few days.
Not sure how long I'll be off line yet - hopefully just a week.
It will probably be several weeks before I'm sewing again - but during my recovery I'll have plenty of time to catch up on everyone's blog chatter and wonderful accomplishments!


Wishing everyone a Happy & Productive August!

every quilt tells a story....

15 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We will be here waiting for your return! I can't believe your grandson is already 6 mos. old. What a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson is a doll with a precious look on his face----- I know you think so too!!!!

    Thinking of you during your surgery and recovery, hope all goes well for you Maureen :)

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be praying for a quick and full recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very speedy recovery and you get back to sewing sooner than you think...your grandbaby is a little cutie!!!! I will be thinking of you, wondering how you are doing...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best wishes to you for your surgery and hope to read soon about you. Your grandson is soooo cute! I love babies:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to your good health, and a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandson is so sweet.
    Take care and praying your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you all the best with your surgery and recovery! Look forward to hearing from you again when you are fully recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a quick recovery from your surgery. That sweet grandbaby will want to play again soon.

    Donna K. from N.TX aka Quilting Bear Gal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you well and a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to hear that you are having surgery. I wish you a quick recovery. By the way, love those big eyes on your little guy. He is adorable and I can't believe he is six months old already!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes for your surgery and recovery. Enjoy your bloggy break and look forward to seeing you back again in a few weeks time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing restored health soon for you. Iwill keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you all the best for your surgery and quick recovery.
    What a beautiful baby your grandson, love those big eyes.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week. A speedy recovery and that you have needle in hand very soon. Bear Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete