Friday, July 1, 2011
Assembling the first Rows of my Jane
I didn't get much sewing done this week due to an annoying head cold. Up until yesterday, my Civil War block was all that I'd done.
Now that I'm feeling a bit better, I was determined to accomplish something today. My pile of Jane blocks had gotten way too high so I decided it was time to take the first 4 rows and sew them together.
I've been sewing the sashing strips to each of the blocks as I go - as seen here. It was fairly quick and very easy to sew each of the rows together this way. The best part was that I didn't have to deal with sewing long skinny sashing strips between the rows - and the blocks & sashings all lined up and fit together nicely.
Here is Jane taking a quick rest on the couch.
Just a few random blocks left to complete in the next couple rows and I'll be able to sew those together too.
Wishing you all a Happy Independance Day and lovely weekend!
every quilt tells a story....