Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My 100th Jane Block!


I can hardly believe it...WHOO HOO...my 100th block!

Papa's Star is the block I chose for reaching 100. It holds very special meaning to me. My father-in-law was known as Papa rather than Grandpa. Sadly he passed away nearly 7 years ago.
Our son became a father on New Years eve. When he handed his son over to my husband to hold for the very first time he said "here you go PAPA".
(the torch of honor has now been passed)
Here is a recent picture of our very first grandchild Alexander.
He is now 3 months old. And yes...he certainly is Papa's Star!



every Quilt tells a story...

10 comments:

  1. I would be jumping up and down for joy to have 100 done. I like seeing your progression charts on the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to handsome Master Alexander and Grandma Doreen! What a cutie and wonderful smile. Proud grandma and grandpa you have a star! Congradulations on you 100th Jane block, well done!!!!!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100th DJ block! What a accomplishment! YEAHHH! What a wonderful tribute to " PAPA". Just look how big Alexander is getting and smile Adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm clapping my hands for you Doreen, it's great when you reach a milestone like that in your Dear Jane journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Reaching 100 blocks is great. Papa's Star is one of the most difficult blocks, after it you think you could do anything, great job. Your grandchild is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOHOOO, Congrats for reaching your goal of 100! I am doing the happy dance for you.

    Your grandson is the Gerber Baby. He is a cutie pie!!!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Spring Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful ! All your DJ blocks go together beautifully. We're so impressed by the hard work and dedication that goes into Dear Jane... congratulations on your milestone !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alexander is so cute!! 3 months??...how time flies. Congratulations on the 100th block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on making #100. What a great feeling.

    Love your little dumpling. What a little sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations with your 100 block. Splendid , and Well -done And wahat a lovely baby is it! Seems very happy. Greetings from Bruges Carine

    ReplyDelete