Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A new project on the Horizon



I celebrated my 50th Birthday last Saturday.
My sisters gave me a gift certificate for Quilter's Corner (our local quilt shop) I love this store! They carry such beautiful fabrics and Susan, the store owner and her cohort Christine are madly talented! (they have a book coming out in April with the most Awesome bed size quilt projects) Anyway... this is the fabulous FQ bundle I purchased with my birthday certificate! It is called Penelope by Holly Holderman for Lakehouse.

Because I have black & white toile draperies in my bedroom - I thought this French inspired fabric collection would make a fabulous matching quilt.
I decided to go with the pattern Hot Cross after falling in love with my best friend Sue's quilt found HERE on her blog. (it's GORGEOUS)

With all the BOM projects I am working on - it will be nice to complete a simple yet elegant full size quilt in a fairly short period of time.

every Quilt tells a story...

10 comments:

  1. You're right it is a gorgeous quilt, one for me to bookmark. It is nice to make a full size quilt in a short time, sort of gives you the impetus to keep going with the other longer term projects because you have finished something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! What pretty fabric. I love Lakehouse too. Can't wait to see it made into that lovely quilt pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Doreen!

    Oh, aren't you going to have fun with that group of fabrics! Love the combination of colors. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. That pattern and these colors will be stunning.

    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doreen I just LOVE this fabric ! This quilt pattern is going to look absolutely gorgeous in this fabric! I think might have to make another Hot Cross for myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty stack of fabrics. I looked at your friend's quilt and can see that your fabrics are perfect for that design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! It's going to look gorgeous in your bedroom! I see you are making great progress on the Dear Jane. I haven't stopped in for ages and just looked at your update. Holy cow! I remember the passion I used to have for quilting, and I miss it! Actually, I miss my whole craft room being away with hubby during the week for work. Looking forward to the end of July when he will be done and hopefully we will be back home full time!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. well happy happy birthday!
    what a beautiful pile of fabrics, can't wait to see your quilt!
    oh love toile curtains....
    this will be perfect with them
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stack of fabric. I can relate to the BOM issue. I'm currently involved in 4 of them, and I'm behind - so I'll be glad as they start to wrap-up so I can get caught up again, plus it's keeping me from working on other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Birthday, Doreen! Hope you had a good celebration! What lovely fabric you chose...your Hot Cross quilt is going to be so pretty!! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Doreen
    Will be in touch later about DJ when my hand is back to normal.
    Love the fabrics.
    Cheers
    Sue

    ReplyDelete