Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Civil War update & Special Delivery


Little Blue Baskets, block #13 of the Civil War BOW
(I decided I liked it better with a handle sewn on)
Also here is Louisiana, block #12 from last week.


I received a special package in the mail from Faye.

Faye is working on a Wedding quilt for her daughter using Pink, Brown & Green fabrics. You can see her progress on this gorgeous quilt here on her blog Mimi's Passions.
She has graciously shared some of these wedding quilt fabrics with me to use in my Dear Jane quilt!
These fabrics are gorgeous & the perfect colors for my project! LUCKY,LUCKY Me!
Thank you SO much Faye! I am very appreciative of your generous gift!

every Quilt tells a story...

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You lucky quilter, you! Love those color and prints perfect for your Dear Jane. I have a friend that I have known from high school and worked for my mom she lives here in DM and we are going to start making the Dear Jane blocks together this will be helpful and we can guild each other along the way. Thanks for the email regarding the blog that helps you. We will use her hints too!

    Love all your new blocks! You are moving right along.

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky Doreen, they look perfect for your Dear Jane. I'm still deciding whether to put a handle on my basket or not, like you I think it will be better with one. How did you do your weekly progression for your Civil War Bow on your sidebar??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your basket block; great fabrics for your Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping me motivated. After seeing your great blocks, I will have to try to catch up! Love the new fabrics! How very generous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doreen, I love your basket block very nice color. I see that your DJ is growing fast and is beautiful, Happy stitching
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your CW's basket block is looking very cute! I like it with the nandle, too. I'm still far behind and now don't know what to do with them. lol Too many beautiful projects around and never be able to catch up with any!

    ReplyDelete