Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Civil War Block of the Week


Like many of my blog friends - I decided to follow along with Barbara Brackman's weekly Civil War sew-along for 2011.

These are the first 2 weekly blocks I've completed.
I'm not comfortable with random scrappy colors so I created a controlled palette for my blocks & quilt. I'm calling my color theme: Early American Patriot which will include colonial shades of red, blue, gray, black & shirting prints.

Each week Barbara will post a block to sew along with facts, events and photo's from the Civil war era. She has created a special blog for this project to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.

You will find a link to her site on the sidebar of my blog.

every Quilt tells a story....

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project this will be for you and SO must history. Love your choice of fabrics .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look beautiful and I like the idea of making the controlled palette. How clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start and thanks for the color palette. I am copying you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Doreen. I will be anxious to see the rest of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, love your colors and prints. Have fun as I know you will with this project. I look forward to seeing your future blocks.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete