Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

EGGNOG CUPCAKES - easy recipe!



It's been a while since my last cupcake posting.
This recipe is SUPER EASY to make.
Begin with any Yellow Cake recipe.
Replace the milk or water (exact measured amount) with Eggnog.
Mix & Bake according to the directions.
Frosting: Add 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of Rum Extract to your favorite Buttercream frosting. (homemade or store bought) Mix well, frost the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with a light dusting of powdered nutmeg.

I baked a batch of these last night - needless to say, the one in the picture has already been devoured. If you plan on making these for a Holiday Gathering I suggest they arrive with the following warning label:
"CAUTION - Eating these Cupcakes may be Addictive!"

Enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I love eggnog, but oh, the calories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe!! There is nothing that compares to the flavor of eggnog during the holidays!!!
    ♥ Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm...Can't wait to try this!! I just made cupcakes yesterday for a pot luck...this is just in time for my next pot luck! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, do they ever look yummy! I will be doing baking next week so, I will put them on my list of goodies to make!

    Love all the projects from your last two posts wonderful and thank you for sharing.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look really delicious, I just might have to try making some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds AMAZING! Gorgeous frosting, too, Doreen! =) mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doreen, I couldn't let today go by without hunting you down to let you know I am thinking of you and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas! Hugs,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made these for a cupcake exchange, they went super fast and were oh so yummy!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete