Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October - a busy month of Sewing



I've been away more than I've been home already this month!
Thankfully, I've had the foresight to bundle up some projects to work on while traveling. I managed to complete 2 of these October redwork blocks for the Calender Girls BOM.

This week I'm staying in south central VA to attend the Central Virginia Tour De Quilt shop hop! It's from the 14th thru the 17th and I'm looking forward to visiting as many quilt shops as possible. .

I will also complete my blocks & sashing for a miniature quilt I'm making thru a free Sew-a-long that Cheryl has created. I'll be sure to post picture updates within the next couple days - along with cutting & sewing instructions for the "Scrappy" Streak of Lightning sashing I decided to sew around the wonderful blocks that Cheryl designed for this quilt.

Wishing you all a Happy & Productive October!

every Quilt tells a story....

4 comments:

  1. Great redwork! Have fun at the shop hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have projects to work on when you are travelling, you can get quite a lot done. Quilt shop hop, I am envious, although with the Aussie dollar being so good at the moment I have been having my own online shop hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your redwork! I know you will have a great time on your shop hop. Wish I could hop a plane and tag along with you and your quilting buddies! Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your October Sunbonnet Sue redwork!
    Wish I was with you during the quilt shop hop, how FUN would that be !

    ReplyDelete