Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I LOVED making this Mini Sampler



I'm excited - I finally finished the top from Cheryl's Sew-a-long!
Cheryl's detailed pictures and clever instructions made assembling the little 4" blocks a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the challenge of designing the scrappy pieced streak of lightning - inspired by Cheryl's blue streak of lightning borders.

I've titled my Sampler THANKSGIVING.

The Autumn colors and "organized" chaos of this scrappy sampler bring to mind so many fond memories of Thanksgiving dinner's at home. Lots of relatives Young & Old sitting together at the table. Everyone chatting, whispering or laughing as many small conversations begin whirling around the room in tandem.
Reflecting on Holiday's past, hopes & dreams of Holiday's to come, ever so grateful for this day as we gather together and Give Thanks!


I'm thankful to Cheryl for her generosity of spirit and all the work she put into creating this free sew-along. If you are interested in creating Cheryl's Miniature Sampler quilt she still has the patterns and instructions posted on her blog. CLICK HERE

Every Quilt tells a story...

9 comments:

  1. I love controlled scrappy and this is one beautiful quilt. It will look great at your Thanksgiving celebration. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic setting!! Beautiful quilt.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beauty. Very creative and well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Doreen, I first viewed your quilt this morning on Cheryl's blog and left a comment. Beautiful and so festive for Thanksgivng! This beautiful event will be here before we know it! Wow---then Christmas.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving me your sweet comment. Always makes me :)

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doreen, your quilt is beautiful, I love the colors, very appropriate for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is just beautiful. great job and perfect for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Doreen! Look at you whipping up quilting projects! Love the autumn fabrics you chose..those triangles look hard, but well worth the effort when you see the finished product. I especially love the basket block! This is going to look lovely on your table.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And your sampler is soooo beautiful. I love the way, you have made the settings, your colors.I too would be proud and happy, if yhis was my sampler :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw yours at Cheryl's some time ago and was fascinated with the way you arranged the triangles. How neat!! I always love your color choice and this is another one of my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete