Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

My miniature Stitch-a-Long Blocks



After pondering over fabric choices I have finally started on my blocks for Cheryl's exciting Stitch Along. These 4" blocks are just the first in a series that once completed will become part of a wonderful Miniature Sampler Quilt.

I've never been good at "randomness" so even the scrappiest of quilts I've created have some sort of Organized Chaos to them :)
That said - I've chosen 4 Autumn colored fabrics as my "main players" in this quilt. They are from Jo Morton's Spice Collection in Rust,Gold & Black. I'll be tossing in a few random scraps of earthy reproduction fabrics here & there.

Cheryl's stitch-Along is not only FREE, but she provides all the rotary cutting instructions & wonderful photo's making it easy to follow along.
You will discover that she is a very talented and creative Teacher & Quilter.
I've included a link to her SAL on my right hand side bar - you can join in any time and work at your own pace.

every Quilt tells a story...

5 comments:

  1. Oh Doreen! I love them ! Your choice of fabrics are just perfect ! I love the first fabric on the left in the gold . I am looking forward to following you as you work on this quilt. I will have to check out Cheryl's stitch-Along

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! I love your warm colors a lot. I feel nice autumn breeze...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love your blocks, but thank you for such a kind recommendation! Can't wait to see the rest. I only have 3 more to design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doreen...I am finally posting a bit more now!
    I just love these blocks...such pretty colors. Very lovely.
    So glad you came home safely from Paris. Wow, what an adventure you had...the pictures you have posted are beautiful. You will have such lovely memories of your trip.
    I'm so excited to hear about your little grandchild coming for Christmas. It will be an exciting for your family.

    Hope you have a great week!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doreen how beautiful your quilting is coming along. Love visiting.

    ReplyDelete