Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Clamshell Club September Update


I'm really excited to show my progress this month for the Clamshell Club.
It's month #2 for me. Last month I chose my fabrics and started to cut & baste some of my printed fabric clam shells. So here is my progress for this month:

The clamshell section of my quilt will measure 64" across so I cut a strip of white background fabric 68". I decided to make this starting strip 5" wide because that is the length of each clamshell. (includes the seam allowance)
To figure the spacing, I basted the first shell down and marked a quarter inch section to leave open before basting the next shell down. The base of my clamshell pattern finishes at a quarter inch in width vs the pointed bases of the beautiful clamshells some of the other Club members are making.
I was SO happy to discover how nice an easy all the shells fit together when I began my second row.!

I did manage to complete 2 rows of hand stitched shells. The first row all in colorful prints and a second row of white shells.
I'm looking forward to sharing my progress again on October 30th!

every Quilt tells a story...

15 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't do circles. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen I'm impressed, two rows. It is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's going to be lovely! Isn't it neat to see how different folks approach the same project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very pretty fabrics you're using!! It's fun to see all the different ways people are making these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shells are beautiful Doreen. The fabrics you are using are lovely. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you're using rows of white shells in between the colourful prints. Guess I'm not the only one who likes Fig Tree fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be a beautiful quilt! I cant wait to see it together. I may have to put this on my "bucket list" of quilt designs to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doreen, You're so talented! Love your clamshell project!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow very impressive. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! You have it all worked out and they are beautiful! And, they look wonderful hanging on the door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours you have chosen, it will look really lovely once finished.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Reen, they look really fantastic!!
    This is exciting isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Doreen...Oh, I just love how this quilt is looking...such pretty, soft colors.
    Love your demo of the sashing for the Dear Jane...very informative. I will have to refer back when I get to that point! Thank-you for sharing...

    Have a great week!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Doreen, what a feast for the eyes! It is gorgeous! I love how they are coming together: congratulations from the bottom of my heart!
    The colours are beautiful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your clams look gorgeous! I am pleased your niece has returned home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete