Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Snowflakes in August



No I haven't abandoned Jane - just slowing down a bit for the month of August :) I have a few little gifties & loose ends to finish up this month and a Redwork Embroidery quilt project to finish by Summer's End.

Our first grandchild is due in December! To celebrate our Winter Baby I've decided to make this darling Snowman Redwork quilt. You can find the pattern & finished quilt HERE.


Never the conformist - I've decided to make this with a vintage feel. The center blocks will be embroidered on similar tone solid fabrics of cream and natural cotton muslin. Instead of vibrant red thread I've chosen a varigated Valdani in Old Brick. I love the "fade-out" effect of this hand-dyed thread.

Well, I best get the old Needle moving.
Till next time.. May all your threads be strong & plentiful!

every Quilt tells a story...

6 comments:

  1. Doreen.... Congratulations on your first grandchild ! I am So happy for you ! Thses snowmen are just adorable and the quil tis going to be just gorgeous for your Winter Baby

    hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the redwork stitcheries, sometimes it's nice to take a break from Jane, it enables you to do some other things and come back refreshed and raring to get on with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for visiting.
    Oh, it is so exciting to hear of your first grandchild. You will be in baby heaven for awhile. Love every minute of it...they grow up so fast!
    Love this little quilt...it will be gorgeous when you finish it!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous are these snowmen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These stitcheries are very cute!

    ReplyDelete