Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

D4 Crystal Star


This is my one & only Jane block made for the 1st week of August.
It is D4 titled Crystal Star.
The block was constructed from 17 pieces of fabric.
13 machine pieced and 4 hand applique'.
I used a dark chocolate reproduction fabric that was donated to me by my dear friend Patty.
She has been working SO hard to get her house ready for market!
I'm sure all her hard work & effort has made her house the Sparkling Gem of the neighborhood. I wish her the very best of luck selling her home!

every Quilt tells a story...

6 comments:

  1. This fabric is probably a better form of chocolate for me, no calories. You are going to have a lot of memories in your DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and chic!! I love every single one of your DJ block, they all look sooo delicate. I can't imagine how you sew such tiny and complicated pieces together. Just unbelievable!! I enjoy following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Doreen...this one is a beauty. Love the pattern...very intricate. Pretty fabric.
    You are really making inroads with this quilt...a lot of pieces!!

    Going to Paris??? How wonderful for you. You will have an amazing time!

    Talk soon,
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous block! Love the chocolate colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog and enjoyed my visit with you!

    I also am a member of the "Prairie Women's Sewing Circle" with a quilt shop in Adel, Iowa.

    I will visit you again and became a follower.

    ReplyDelete