Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Redwork Embroidery Project



I picked up an adorable BOM pattern set at the quilt show on June 5th. It's called Calendar Girls by Nana's Needlework.
My sister & I both fell in love with this pattern and Nancy Bowen's entire booth of stitchery designs.

I'm working these blocks up using a varigated red thread. (that I purchased at her booth) Although slightly non-traditional, I really like the look of it.

It will be a nice change of pace to work on a block each month while I continue working on my DJ quilt.

4 comments:

  1. I quite like using variegated thread to do stitchery, the slight variations in the colour add an extra point of interest I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the variegated thread on it, too. I did a redwork quilt a while back. I should look for a picture of it and share it with you. Have fun with this new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love redwork! What a fun project. Thanks for sharing, Doreen. =) Happy FRIDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love redwork, too! And the variegated thread is very nice. My grandmother used to make pillowcases for her grandaughters with redwork embroidery. That brings back some memories. I should go see if someone sells a redwork kit--is there anything I should know before I shop around?

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete