Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

More Jane blocks and a Dedication



It felt good to be back on schedule this week with 6 blocks on the tally wall.

I created a very special block this week from fabric I received a while back from my dear friend Beverly of Heartland Creations

Beverly's father passed away last week. Her father was an honorable man and a true Patriot. In 1944 he fought for our country at the Battle of the Bulge and was taken prisoner. He became a POW in a slave labor camp under brutal conditions for nearly a year before being rescued. He was a true American Hero that made great sacrifices for our country. I found the perfect block to sew & dedicate to the memory of her father Jay.
It's block D10 titled Battlefield

This block will always be a reminder to me of Jay and all the other heroic soldiers that have gone to battle to fight for freedom!

Till next time....

4 comments:

  1. Doreen you moving along with these squares! I just love all of them, but how special is D10. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man.

    You have such a loving heart and I`m glad to call you my friend.

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely idea to use fabric in your quilt as reminders for significant events. It won't be long before you have a complete row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is beautiful, Doreen.
    What a wonderful way to pay tribute to your friend's Dad.
    ((Hugs)) from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice blocks, especially your color choice for the DJ. Very harmonious!

    ReplyDelete