Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Week 3 of DJ Quilt



What a busy week this has been! I managed to finish up my embroidery quilt swap, work some more on my Spider Web quilt for next week's launch AND finish up 6 more of my DJ blocks!
The most challenging block for me this week was C6 (bottom right block)
My first attempt by machine ended up in the garbage. I just couldn't line up the fabric pattern and melons no matter how I tried. I hand pieced the second one and it fit together beautifully.

I also like the little fussy cut bird in block B4 (top right). It was from a wonderful fabric sent to me from Mary. Such a cheerful little block!

Looking forward to the challenge of 6 more blocks next week.
My block choices will all be "in the pink" of things.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are keeping up with your DJ schedule. I hand pieced my C6 as well, your melons are nice and sharp doing it that way.

    Like you, I have done a couple of fussy cuts in certain blocks, I think it adds an extra "something" to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Doreen! This quilt is looking really lovely so far. The colors are so pretty...Love the little bird print. I think the triangles are going to be "fussy" too!

    Have a great week "in the pink"!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete