Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 1 of DJ and I reached my Goal!

And so it begins.....the very first week of my "Jane" journey!
6 blocks a week. That is my current goal in order to complete this quilt in 11 months. Happy to say I've met my goal for Week 1.



I am very blessed to be part of a unique and close-knit group of friends. Each woman is so diverse in her gifted talents. It's been an honor forging friendships with them over the years. It is for these women - I have decided to name my quilt.... A Kindred Sister's Journey.

I am so honored that they are encouraging me along the way and providing fabric scraps for special blocks in my quilt. When I lay my hands over the blocks - I know I will smile and think fondly of each of these dear friends.

Till next time....May all your scraps be quilts!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your Dear Jane! You'll absolutely love the journey!!
    All the best from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, some days I find I'm on a roll and can get quite a few blocks done in a day. It's nice to have a spreadsheet to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing little quilt blocks Doreen! I just love the colors PERFECT! You are on your way of a wonderful journey and we will be with you every step of the way . Just love the spreadsheet to watch has this awesome quilt progresses

    ReplyDelete