Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Joyful Jane Box has arrived!



I received a wonderful package in the mail yesterday! It was from my dear friend Mary of Sew Dear To Me Among her many talents - Mary is a wonderful Quilter! She is also Kind, Witty and extremely Generous! Always giving so generously from her heart - of her time, her experience, her knowledge.... and as you can see - her quilting fabrics!

Mary sent these to me for my DJ quilt. Never did I expect to receive so many gorgeous fabrics. With great joy - I will use each & every one of these along my Jane Journey. I'm excited just thinking about all the lovely Mary Jane blocks I shall make :)
If it's possible to capture Love-in-a-Box, then surely it would look like this!

Thank you Mary, I feel honored & blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Doreen...how lovely for you. Such a wonderful gift! Your week #2 blocks turned out beautifully. Your colors are so pretty. It is going to be a gorgeous quilt when completed.
    Enjoy your week!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely, lovely fabrics, I can see that you will be really busy now, deciding which fabric to use for which block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you talkin' bout me? LOL! I'm only too happy to contribute to such an ambitious project! Doreen, remember I mentioned I had found a hole in my "stash" when I went to pick out fabrics for you ~ a shortage of browns and maroons? Well, I just got my Hancock's catalog and if you are short on them too, you will want to check out the line "Wrapped in Paisley" from Moda ~ A Kansas Troubles collection. There are several really great brown and burgandy prints.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy fabrics!!!
    Your blocks are coming along really quickly!!!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary what a beautiful package of goodies, you are something else. The pieces you gave will live on forever in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete